Welcome to Ms. McLeary's 5th grade classroom website!
I am so glad you are here. Below you will find helpful links to homework help, Google classroom, and classroom news. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homework for November 13-17
1. Read for 20 minutes, write down pages read on your reading log.
2. Complete the front side of vocabulary page
3. Flag any difficult/challenging vocabulary words in your book.
4. Add to the back side of your vocabulary page.
5. Module 3 Lesson 4
Read for 20 minutes, write down pages read on your reading log.
Flag any difficult/challenging vocabulary words in your book.
Add to the back side of your vocabulary page.
Module 3 Lesson 5
Wednesday: Early Dismissal
Read for 20 minutes, write down pages read on your reading log. Write down pages.
Complete back side of vocabulary page.
Math Module 3 Lesson 6
Thursday: Garden 9:00-9:45. Fitness Test.
Read 20 minutes and write down pages.
Complete reading log with paragraph and parent signature.
Math Module 3 Lesson 7
Reading Log Due
Vocabulary Page due front and back
Complete Module 3 Mid-Module REVIEW if not finished in class.
We are moving into module 3, which is all about fractions!! See the attached newsletter to help.
We are beginning our novel study of Esperanza Rising. Each day, we are reading 1 chapter of the book, flagging answers to discussion questions, and then having conversation in our small groups about the text.
We are beginning expository nonfiction that ties directly into our science projects.
We are working to create a shoebox model an endangered ecosystem. Please note that the project will be done in class following research of the topic, as well as an expository nonfiction writing on the endangered ecosystem they chose.
It must contain the following things:
1. A food web with a -At least 3 different producers (labeled)
2. At least 3 consumers (labeled)
3. At least 1 decomposer (labeled)
4. . Setting must obviously represent the ecosystem you choose. (If it’s the ocean you shouldn’t have grass and trees.)
5.. All parts of the box must be covered. It shouldn’t look like a shoe box after you finish!
6. . A written report attached the to shoe box that answers the research questions above.
7.. Must be neatly done, and show your best work.
8.. USE YOUR IMAGINATION, CREATIVITY, AND ARTISTIC ABILITIES TO CREATE YOUR ENDANGERED ECOSYSTEM IN A BOX.
Reliable Resources for Research
6. National Geographic Kids
A B O U T M E
My favorite place on Maui is Haleakala Crater.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.